Trump Made Up Iran Threat Says Defense Secretary

Trump Made Up Iran Threat Says Defense Secretary

Trump made up the Iran threat says defense secretary, Mark Esper. John Iadarola breaks it down on The Damage Report. Follow The Damage Report on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheDamageReportTYT/

Help build the Home of the Progressives http://tyt.com/JOIN

Subscribe to The Damage Report YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/thedamagereport?sub_confirmation=1

Follow The Damage Report on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDamageReport

Read more here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark-esper-trump-iran-embassies-evidence_n_5e1b2901c5b650c621e02da8

"Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Sunday defended President Donald Trump’s order to assassinate Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani, but admitted he “didn’t see” any specific evidence backing up the president’s claim that Soleimani had been planning imminent attacks on multiple U.S. embassies.

During an interview Friday with Fox News’ Laura Ingraham, Trump fired back at critics who opposed his decision to take out Soleimani, claiming the Iranian military leader was readying assaults on four U.S. embassies, including in Baghdad. He did not cite any specific intelligence during the interview.

Asked about Trump’s assertion on Sunday, Esper told CBS’s “Face the Nation” that “exquisite intelligence” shared with the “Gang of Eight” ― a group of top congressional leaders typically briefed on highly sensitive intelligence matters ― referenced “an attack” on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

Pressed by host Margaret Brennan about a specific piece of intelligence that might have indicated threats to multiple embassies, Esper said Trump had merely said he “believed” that there “probably and could have been” attacks on additional embassies.
“Are you saying there wasn’t one?” Brennan asked."

#TheDamageReport #JohnIadarola #TheYoungTurks

admin

Author: admin