Joe Biden’s cabinet shortlist was leaked & it’s a progressive’s worst nightmare. John Iadarola and Emma Vigeland break it down on The Damage Report. Follow The Damage Report on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheDamageReportTYT/
Help build the Home of the Progressives http://tyt.com/JOIN
Subscribe to The Damage Report YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/thedamagereport?sub_confirmation=1
Follow The Damage Report on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDamageReport
Read more here: https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-cabinet-vice-president-picks-b17882ac-3953-450f-8afb-38a3c8dcda57.html
"Joe Biden confidants are privately discussing potential leaders and Cabinet members for his White House, including the need to name a woman or African American — perhaps both — as vice president, top sources tell "Axios on HBO."
Why it matters: Biden advisers describe a Return to Normal plan — a reversal of President Trump’s unorthodox, improvisational style. Biden wants known, trusted people around him — many from the Obama years.
Several high-profile possibilities:
* John Kerry would love to take a new Cabinet position devoted to climate change, or might even accept a curtain call to return as secretary of state.
* Susan Rice, formerly President Obama’s national security adviser, is another option for State.
* Mike Bloomberg, who swiftly endorsed Biden after the former mayor’s campaign collapsed, would be a top possibility to head the World Bank.
* Sally Yates, the deputy attorney general under Obama who stood up to Trump and was fired, would be a leading contender for attorney general.
* Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury secretary could help unite the party.
* Jamie Dimon — chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, and mentioned over the years as a potential presidential candidate — would also be considered for Treasury.
* Anne Finucane, vice chairman of Bank of America, is another possibility for Treasury."
#TheDamageReport #JohnIadarola #TheYoungTurks